Sunday, May 10, 2009

Showers anyone?

Baby showers that is...bare with me, this is going to be long! My crazy whirlwind of a week began Sunday with a BIG shower from the church. It was great! It was at Joyce's house and there were so many people there. Including some friends I haven't seen in a while, thanks Shandar! and my Aunt Diane and Abby, my cousin. It was a wonderful shower! So many great things, I can't get over all the cute clothes and girly stuff! Her closest is soo full, she will definitely follow in her mama's footsteps, as far as fashion and clothes go! :) Then on Tuesday we had the shower at the school and finally on Friday, my class surprised me with a "mini" shower that wasn't very mini at all ( see post below for more). On top of all that, we had a mother's day breakfast at school a doctor's appointment this week. On that note, I had to leave work on Friday afternoon, because I guess I over did it! I have a hard time remembering that my brain thinks I can do one thing and my body tells me something else. So in between putting mother's day gifts together and baking 76 mini muffins (12 at a time, I really need another pan!) I was hurting and needed a rest! The doctor wasn't too concerned and said as long as the pain or contractions stopped when I rested then all was good, and that when I start feeling that way, I just need to sit down and drink water. The cure all for everything during pregnancy! Everything looked great she said, and I was measuring perfectly! and so far, no major back pain, so keep your fingers crossed! Here are some pics from both showers.


the cake Linda made

Shandar and Aimee were so great to help me!


Just a few of the ladies...it was a full house!



I absolutely love the princess piggy bank! I have been wanting one so bad! Of course Mary would think of that!! :)


Tutu, check...pearls, check....1st tea set, check...a future of tea parties with Carl wearing a tiara and feather boa, priceless! She is definitely set up to be a girly girl! Thanks Kay and Glynis for this beautiful English China tea set! She is going to have so much fun having tea parties.



Mary, me, and Paula...I think I missed the memo about wearing my derby hat! I want want with a big flower!


Abby, Diane, and Miller came down from Tomball/Woodlands, it was so nice to have some of my family there.


My wonderful hostesses. It was such a lovely and special day. Thanks to everyone who helped and came to this wonderful occasion! We are so loved and blessed to such wonderful family and friends!



Tuesday was my school shower, given by my Kindergarten team! It was so nice and decorated so beautifully!! Here are a few pics

The beautifully decorated table, everyone got cupcakes and we took the cake home.

The beautiful cake, so pretty Carl and I both didn't want to cut into it, but when we did it was sooo yummy!





Kay, the school secretary, is very talented and crochets everyone a blanket when they have a baby. It is so pretty and soft!! I absolutely love it!!


Along with many great gifts my team gave me the exercauser!


My awesome team!! Thanks ladies for such a great time!













1 comment:

  1. Hey girl, looks like you had a nice shower too!! I can't wait to see you at the end of the pregnancy!! You look so cute! I am so ready. We have had a rough week. I went to labor and Delivery for some really bad cramping pain and contractions the other night. Turns out I was a little dehydrated. They hooked me up to an IV and that seemed to help a little. I wish the water and resting would take the contractions away, but with both the boy's I had them quiet frequently that last month, regaurdless of what I did! I go to the doc today to set my induction date and also discuss the cramping pain I had. I thought it was really bad heart burn that wouldn't go away, but after they gave me all this crap through my IV and it still didn't go away, they now think it my be my gall bladder. I am so ready to have her. TRistan, was a breeze but Ayden and Mya are diffrent stories.Hope all is well!!

    ReplyDelete