Monday, February 8, 2010

Humpty Dumpty Sat on the Wall...

Most of you already know, but for those that do not a few weeks back we made our first, and probably not our last, trip to the E.R. I know I am a few weeks late but since I am keeping this blog as a chronicle of Presley's 1st few years, I figured I couldn't leave this out. Presley had already had a tough weekend. She had battled her first ear infection and cold. Poor thing was miserable. She was feeling better and had been on the antibiotic so we decided to go to church. After a morning bath her daddy was trying to put on her clothes (which she hates and usually fights!) which she was doing so he decided to go with a short sleeve and less constricitng outfit. He turned around to grab one and my active little monkey sat up leaned forward and fell head first off the changing table. I am so glad that I was not there to see it, but definitely heard the cries. Needless to say after some frantic calls and lots of tears...some on our part, we ended up going to the E.R. just to be checked out. I have to say I was very skeptical about the E.R., especially after our last experience with Carl, but it wasn't bad at all. They have a separate pediatric E.R. and they had us in and out in a few hours. They looked her over, did a CAT scan (absolutely NOT her favorite thing) and said she was just fine and to watch her. He said they are like bouncy balls! Wasn't quite sure how to react to that one. Later we found out most people we know have had some kind of fall with their babies and they all turned out ok, so we feel pretty confident! lol But her daddy was a little torn up about it for a few days. Poor guy felt horrible. I'm sure we will end up here many more times during P's childhood years.


keeping busy while waiting, we didn't even get a chance to put clothes on her so grabbed her favorite blankie and her booties.

No comments:

Post a Comment