Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Happy Independence Day!!

Well this July 4th wasn't too much different than last, other than the fact that I wasn't VERY pregnant, but instead of being misserably hot carrying a baby inside me, I was misserably hot carrying another hot baby on me!! But, hey you can't ask for anything else in Texas :) We were afraid with all the bad weather that it would be a washout, but no we had no rain and a lot of fun! On Sunday we went to church in our Sunday red, white, and blue best (sorry no pics...we really were cute!) I tried explaining to Gary Scogin that yes, my child did have 3 outfits for the 4th and a dressy one for Sunday since the holiday landed on a Sunday. He about fell on the floor!! haha That is the difference between having boys and girls :) Then we tried to go home and get a nap before the party out at our friends, the Hamilton's. Our poor girl has been having a hard time lately...I think she is really trying to get in her 1st molar and every week or so she has a bad day/night and just doesn't sleep well. Well this fell on the 4th, so we were a little cranky, hence the reason I don't have too many pics! We finally made it out to the annual 4th party and Presley did amazingly well, especially for being up late. We played in the water, ate some yummy fish, and watched another awesome fireworks show!!! On Monday we got up and tried to take P to her first parade. We met the scogins and after being drenched in sweat for an hr. we enjoyed a few minutes of the parade before our kids all tired out and were ready to go home. Oh well, maybe next year!! Overall it was a great holiday weekend!!

me and my star spangled baby!
It looked like a good idea until they got up there!! After Carl watched Wyatt fly down the slide, barely touching the surface, we started second guessing! haha Let's just say it was so funny, I almost wet my pants!!

and down they go, well Carl, he managed to hold Presley up the whole time! No worries she actually loved it! My child has NO fear! They went down a few more times before giving up and blowing up the kiddie pool :)


In the dry bouncer with daddy. She didn't know what to think of it either.


Rachel and Presley playing in "her" pool


Having fun in the splashy pad


I just love this look!! It cracks me up, it is so sarcastic!! By the way, she is looking at her dad...I am sure he was doing something to get her attention :)


getting ready to go to the parade in her super cute ladybug outfit her grandma Helen got her.


at the parade, "really dad, I don't know what all this hype it about?? can we go home now?"
I hope you all had a wonderful and safe July 4th. We are all so very blessed to live in a country where we can celebrate being free!








No comments:

Post a Comment