Tuesday, June 8, 2010

camping round 3

Went much better this time!! We all went camping for Memorial Day, but this time we had more guest. About 14 families from the church all went to Lake Texana. It was nice to spend time with everyone, and we actually got some sleep. The first night only a few wake ups, the second night, none! and the third a few...a far cry from screaming crying every 3 hours! I think it was because she was WORN out! It was very hot, but we had a good time. It was so nice to have the camper to put Presley in to cool off in the heat of the day, and escape the pesky mosquito's! I think she is becoming a camping pro! Well, at least my parents would like to think so :) They can't wait until she is older and they can take her with them all the time! I did not take near as many pictures as my mom did, but here are a few. I hope you all had a wonderful Memorial Day and took the time to thank or remember a soldier and the sacrifices they have all made more us!


my mom brought Popsicles for all the kids and of course Presley did not want to be left out!
Well if Rachel won't give me a bite then maybe Wyatt will! :)

okay finally somebody will give me a bite


We didn't think we would have been able to swim but brought our suits anyway. On Sunday we found a good spot to take a dip and thought Presley might like to cool off. She loved watching Molly play in the water!


taking a break in the shade with Ms. Kim




This is what she learned that weekend. We have been struggling to get her to drink from a sippy cup and no wonder, she want to go straight to a cup! She couldn't get enough of the cold water from the bottle. She did really good when she would get her lips on it right.
I think our next trip will be when it cools off a little more!





No comments:

Post a Comment