Wednesday, April 15, 2009

1st swim

For those of you that don't know, Carl and I are the proud owners of a 3 month old black lab puppy! Haha I know, I know, we are crazy!!! Everyone has told us, a baby and a dog, yes, Carl and I have lost our minds! But, she is learning fast and I only wanted to put her on the street with a "take me" sign once when she chewed up my favorite shoe...well at least so far. So, until we have this baby, I must boast about my other girl, Molly! Today she went for her first swim and it was sooo funny! We got her a pool in the backyard to play in when she is hot and she will only put her paws in because I think she thinks she is going to get in trouble like she does for playing in the toilet. We took her to challenger park this afternoon to play and let Carl and Josh do some fishing. We thought it might be fun to see if she would actually get in the water for her ball. So Josh the resident lab owner decided to teach her. He put it right at the edge and she went in and brought it back and each time he would toss it a little further. When it got deeper she started to go for it, immediately stopped in her tracks looked back at us with this horrified look and came back. After much encouragement we got her to try again. She kept going just as far a she could before she started to have to swim and then would turn around. It was soo funny watching her, but after she got the hang of it, she loved it and was running around like crazy!! Now we won't be able to keep her out of the water!!


Carl and his girl Molly after her first swim
Ok maybe not...Mom! help me!
She is starting to like it

Josh keeps trying to get her to get the ball but she is hesitant of the "deep" water!


In Prego news...We got a box full of goodies last night from Eric and Minori, Carl's brother. It was full of clothes of all different sizes! She even put them in baggies and labeled them! How sweet, she is great! The best part is it had a baby bjorn carrier (the exact one I registered for in it!!) they had one and only used it a few times, so that is such a blessing. I am finally putting up a prego pic of me. I am 27 weeks now and go next Tuesday for my last of the 4 week appointments, after this we are going every 2 weeks! Wow, time is flying, I can't believe it! I will have to put some pictures of the earlier days of pregnancy for those of you who don't get to see me often. I am suddenly beginning to feel really pregnant and the warmer weather isn't helping! I think I got my first feelings of swelling! My hands start getting tight and when I cross my legs on the floor it feels like my legs are getting tighter like they are balloons filling up with water...literally!! haha Oh, I am sure the best is yet to come!!


Molly seems very interested in all our new goodies...actually she was just looking for something she could chew on!



Sooo cute!




27 weeks! and to think that shirt use to be really loose!! haha








She is really starting to pop out now...and I am feeling it!







1 comment:

  1. Congrats, on the little baby girl. How exciting!! I know we sure are looking forward to a change. You hang in there with the swelling. Rest your feet up as much as you can. I haven't had to deal with that, hope I don't,lol!! Even though I am not that big I am so counting the days. I am worn out this 3rd trimester. I only have 2 months go, so I should be ok. Doc, said she is really low so maybe she will come early!

    ReplyDelete