Sunday, April 26, 2009

Presley's room

Okay still trying to remember that these pictures load up backwards! So look from the bottom up to see the progression! haha Well, last time we were in a debate about stripes and mom came to the rescue and they turned out fantastic!! I absolutely love them and the pink too! They weren't that hard, and we still have the tape up so we can paint the horizontal stripe. Carl decided that the room needed fine tuning so he went back with a fine paint brush and touched up the stripes, and then painted the celing white. All this from someone who wanted nothing to do with stripes, huh? oh well, I have given up on trying to figure that crazy brain of his out! haha He decided to pick up the furniture and surprise me with it. I asked him if he wanted to put the bed together together and he said, "absolutley not!" I guess that is good because I have heard that putting beds together can take you down the road to divorce! haha after the painting I figured it was a good idea to just let him do it! It looks so good and will grow with her, so she can keep it till she leaves home. Thanks to her wonderful grandparents for helping give her this great furniture! I am totally nesting and can't wait to get the bedding and start putting it all together.

her beautiful bed, now if I could only get the bedding.
All finished minus the stripe and some rearranging :)

He wouldn't let me help, but Molly insisted!

Carl went and tried to surprise me by picking up the furniture.

the stripes after mom and I finished painting them last weekend. where the green tape is, is going to be a sage/pale green stripe to separate the wall.




2 comments:

  1. Where's the rocker? Is it still going to fit into the room? Everything looks super cute... great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yeah it is there, in the corner! I couldn't get it all in the pic, but I need to do some rearranging.

    ReplyDelete