Saturday, April 11, 2009

Painting Woes...




Well yesterday marked our first day to start on painting the baby's room. Carl had to prime and then we were going to put some samples up to choose the color. I already knew Carl wasn't wild about stripes and when he said he didn't want to help put them up but would paint them, I assumed if I did all the measuring and leveling he would at least help me put the tape where I couldn't reach it. NOPE!! He didn't want ANY part! In fact he thought stripes were just a really stupid idea and a waste of mine and anyone I had help me's time! Needless to say it turned into a rediculous stubborn fight with both of us standing our ground and one of us with raging hormones which always equals lots of tears! haha So we decided after a few hours of not speaking and me thinking I was going to murder him and burry him in the backyard, on the light pink color. This was the lightest color we had and the sample looked so faint you could barely see it. When it was all said and done, it was very pink, like cotton candy pink, dumbo pink, crazy pink...are among a few comments that were made. It kinda hurt my eyes at first and is a little darker than I wanted, but maybe it will grow on me. The picture makes it look lighter. I don't know I may need some other more reliable girl opinions before I decide what to do next. Today went much better!! Yeah! Carl installed the fan, and we primed the base boards and door frames (the people before us used oil based cream paint to paint all the baseboards and doors, yuck! and you can only paint over by priming it with toxic smelling oil based primer!) So I think we are at a stopping point today and are headed to Sugarland for some fun at Mary's!!


1 comment:

  1. We are the same problem with Madeleine's room. I chose the lightest pink to match her set and it was way brighter than yours. It took time but we got use to it. Your's looks nice!

    ReplyDelete