Thursday, July 2, 2009

False alarm!

First of all scroll down for more post...

As you can tell by the picture, we were in the hospital today...I know, I know, some of you didn't get "the call" but don't worry we weren't actually admitted, well permanently at least. We wanted to make sure we were staying before we let everyone know. I had a doctor's appointment scheduled for today already but hadn't planned on going because we had just seen her on Monday (I was dilated to 3+ and 75% effaced). But, I went up to the mall to get our maternity pics and make one other stop and I suddenly started getting really bad cramps and was getting nauseous. I was like okay...that is interesting and it didn't go away and was hard for me to focus on anything else but that. So I called the doc and they told me to go ahead and come in. So Carl got "the call" and rushed home to get me. We got there and the doc said are we in labor and I said, "I don't know but I have a headache and I am sick to my stomach" she immediately wanted to admit me and if I wasn't in full blown labor by tonight she was going to induce me. I immediately was like deer in headlights, put on the brakes, and kinda freaked out a little! Whoa, what, a baby today!?! No, I don't think I am ready. So the doc just sent us to the hospital to be observed and monitored for awhile. She was thinking preclampsyia?? (sorry spelling) and didn't want me to have a seizure at home. So after a brief moment of almost falling apart in the office, a long list of stuff not done running through my head we headed to the hospital. Everything was fine, blood work, constant BP checks, and minor spaced out contractions. She said she could induce like we talked about or we could go home. I really just wanted to go home, something was telling me this just isn't the time and I would see if she just would come on her own, no reason to rush it to me :) plus I'm still a little scared and nervous about the whole birth thing. I know...blah, blah, blah...I can't put it off forever! It is going to happen, just not then! :) despite what some certain friends, and my mom (she is really excited and ready) were saying!! haha So we are back at home and may be back at the hospital in just a few days or next week who knows. I still have the headache and am feeling a little off but no contractions. But we will definitely keep everyone posted.



I was telling Carl I meant to take a belly picture of me for the scrapbook and now I wouldn't be able to, so he took this of me at the hospital, texting of course! So when we got home I made sure to take a few...38 weeks





No comments:

Post a Comment