Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Welcome Presley Emerson Auburg

I know most of you have been waiting very patiently to see the pics of our new baby girl so here they are. She was born yesterday afternoon July 6, 2009 at 1:25 pm weighed 7 lbs. 1.5 oz. and 20 in. long. She is perfect and beautiful! Many of you wondered which one of us she would look like and which features she would take, since Carl and I are so different, she has a FULL head of dark hair, fair skin, and as of today deep blue eyes. As far as who she looks like, we are still trying to decide. I guess we will wait till we start looking at baby pictures, but for now...a little bit of both of us. It was a great labor. My water broke at home and we got to the hospital by 4:00 am and they started getting closer and slightly stronger, but they wanted to start pitocin anyway because my water had broken and they didn't want it to be very long. As soon as they did that, I went from 0 to 60 on the pain and contraction scale. The nurse had told me to wait till they got stronger because it would be easier to take the epidural. I couldn't last much longer, yes I am a weenie when it comes to pain! Once the epidural was in I started getting sick, Carl was so cute he couldn't find anything but this huge metal trash bin, and dragged it over. The nurse said "oh you might be further along than I thought..." and checked me and I was 9+!! I went from 4 to 9+ in an hr!! So now we were just waiting on my doctor who was working on the North side of town for the morning. She would be back here at 1:00. When she got here she had an emergency c section and wanted to deliver Presley first. I pushed for 3 contractions and bam she was here!! We all couldn't believe how fast it was! Carl got to cut the cord and I was able to get a great picture, but wasn't sure if you all wanted to see it! :) ask us and we'll show you! We are all doing good and will be headed home tomorrow, as long as everything continues to go well. It hasn't all quite set in yet, that there are 3 of us now and she is actually ours!! On a side note (wish we could of gotten a good picture of this) I have always told Carl that girls are born with the "pouty lip" it's who they are and he never believed me...well sure enough she came out with the most pitiful and sad little cry and the biggest, funniest "pouty lip" you have ever seen!! We were all cracking up, it was just quivering and I said "oh no,...this is going to be the end of your daddy!" :)



1st hold...little sumo wrestler face, it got better after awhile!
Presley and Dr. Smith...too funny

With Grammy...still wailing!


Calmed down, welcome to the world little Presley



Can you believe all that hair!!


Presley and her daddy


1st family picture


There will be plenty more to come, I promise!! and soon so stay tuned!! Thank you all for the calls, texts, and visits we love you all and can't wait for everyone to meet our little sweet pea.



3 comments:

  1. She is just beautiful! Can't wait to meet her... glad everything went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is precious! Congrats! I see hair bow parties and play dates at the hair salon in our future!!!

    ReplyDelete