Friday, March 30, 2012

It's Rodeo Time

During Spring Break I usually try to take Presley to the livestock part of the Rodeo to see the animals. This year I was kind of excited because she is older and more curious and able to interact. Plus she LOVES animals of all kinds...however usually at a distance! So we were all pleasantly surprised when she wasn't scared and actually rode a pony!!! We were SO proud!


 Checking out the new babies area...This is her "silly" face that she has been giving when I ask her to smile. Such a ham!
 She wanted to hold those baby chicks! She wasn't sure why they had to be behind the case.
 My sweet girl!!
 My Rhinestone Cowgirl! lol I told her if we waited in the really long line to ride the pony that she would actually have to ride it and not be scared. She assured me that she would...
 So when she got up on that pony I was shocked and fully prepared to have to walk along beside her or take her out screaming "I don't like it, I don't like it" but...
 Turns out she didn't need me at all! No tears no nothing! She just sat up there like a big girl who had done this a hundred times! Needless to say I was one proud mama!! :)


 Presley and Daddy! :)
 She even went into the petting zoo with out being held and almost attempted to feed the animals until the deer started chomping on her dress!! lol She didn't like those deers and goats after that! ha
 But the lambs were calmer...and cuter so she wanted to pet them.
 Until...she saw the big llama, and this is what she did! lol she attached herself to her daddy's leg and started begging to be picked up!
 Next we went outside to the farm experience. This is a really neat agriculture program that teaches kids about planting and producing vegetables, grains, fruits, and dairy products. The kids get a basket and start by getting grain to "feed" the chickens and get a wooden egg in return. Then they are given different colored tokens or "seeds" to plant and grow a vegetable. They continue to go through different stations getting to "milk" the cow, pick peaches, sheer the sheep, and grow corn. At the end they take all their items to market and sell them. They are given paper money to buy a treat from the store and use their money to buy it. It is a really fun program and I was glad that she was able to understand and interact more with it this year!



She loved the tractor!! She looked like she knew exactly what she was doing!! lol It was really busy especially outside at the carnival and food area. She is still young enough that we were able to skip that area with out tears and whining...don't think we will be able to do that for much longer! ugh...

We had such a good time together and it was fun for all of us to be able to go together. Presley did so well and even got to ride the train for the first time! I love Rodeo season and I can't wait for it to come around again next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment