Thursday, March 15, 2012

Spring Break projects

This week while off on spring break I decided to make it a project week and get my creative juices going...with a little inspiration from Pinterest of course ;) On Monday Presley and I made a fun trip to Hobby Lobby and the Dollar store to gather our supplies. 

This is my Dollar store wreath. The whole thing cost me like $5!! I used some Easter basket grass as a filler for my wreath and hot glued the eggs on and I had the A already painted. 

 Also from the dollar store...glitter eggs that Presley insisted we buy!
 This garland I made by using sticks and eggs that we got from Hobby Lobby. I glued the eggs down and put the flowers in. I need some better ribbon with wire in it for the middle, but I was out of the color I wanted, but still think it looks cute. Also finally found a container I liked to put my pheasant feathers that Carl brought me back from his hunt in Kansas.
 This is such a cool idea I found on Pinterest. It is an I love you because board. I printed it out on pretty paper and decorated up the frame with bling of course. Then you use a dry erase or overhead marker to leave messages back and forth to your spouse. I loved this idea because it gives Carl and I a simple way to let each other know how much we love each other and appreciate each other. I placed it by the door so it is what we see when we leave each day or get home. A simple way to communicate in an ever busy crazy life of work and parenting!
 So with spring comes spring cleaning!!! and I have the spring cleaning fever REALLY bad this week. I reorganized and cleaned out the kitchen, the playroom, my closet, and our bathroom closet. Since the bathroom is still the only place in the house that has not been worked on or finished the closet just kind of got thrown together and it drives me CRAZY!! I eventually want to paint the shelves dark and take off the door because we have too many doors in that bathroom. But, in order to do that it would need to be presentable and organized! So as embarrassing as it may be...here is my before closet....
 and here is my after! :) much more proud of the after!! I need a few more baskets to complete the look but it's coming along.
I'm not done though...next on my list is the kitchen pantry! Another space that every time I open the door I cringe and want to scream! lol If I lived closer to the container store I would be in some serious trouble!! More to come about our spring break fun

No comments:

Post a Comment