Thursday, March 15, 2012

Valentine's Day Projects

I know this is a little out of date, but I wanted to share some of the fun and neat projects P and I did for Valentine's Day. It was really a lot of fun creating things for her friends, and our family.

Via pinterest I had seen heart shaped bacon cooked in the oven and thought I had to try that, and it was awesome and so easy!! All you do is cut bacon in half and lay it over each other to form a heart and bake. The cinnamon rolls were meant to be "unrolled" and "rerolled" into a scrolled heart shape and when I opened the package I realized I couldn't do that so plan b, I improvised and flattened them out and used a cookie cutter. Carl and Presley thought they looked cool :)
These two are the projects Presley made for her daddy. She was so proud of them and had a lot of fun making them and decorating them!

I had this idea for Carl on our anniversary but didn't get to do it until now. It is a candy bouquet with a poem that matches the candy names. I made it up myself but have now seen people do big posters for Birthday's etc using candy names. It is really easy. You just use dow rods, Styrofoam, and candy (boxed or flat ones work best)
Thanks to pinterest again, I downloaded these cool free printables that are actually made for lollipops but I gave pencils and taped a Hersey kiss on it. Simple and quick :)
This was Presely's gift to her Aunt Tena and her Gammy. They are too cute and are made from a tera cotta pot and a glass bowl. some gorilla glue, some spray paint, a few stickers and ribbon...voila "gumball" candy jar. You could make them any color for any occasion.
Presley helped me make a special chex mix for her friends and give them little goody bags to let them know how special they are to her! I love that she wanted to "cook" in a tutu and glass slipper! what better way to do it my little diva!! lol :)

No comments:

Post a Comment