Friday, August 21, 2009

take your daughter to work week

I know they have that take your daughter to work day once a year, but we decided to extend it to the whole week. It is officially back to school time, and even though I am now officially on maternity leave until November :), I have somehow found it necessary to be a the school for some reason or another all week. I had to do a couple of inservices and then help plan and get my room ready with my sub. My principal is awesome and said that I was more than willing to bring pumpkin with me, so the first few days she came, and was quite popular among everyone! She did really well! But, she also stayed with friends a couple of times too so I could get some work done hands free. Everyone had fun getting to babysit. My list is growing longer and longer of people who want to keep her, so I guess that is a good thing! I am going to have to start finding things to go and do so they can keep her for a few hours! I met my new students and families today and they are cute! It went well after they started breathing again at the news that I was going to be out for 2 months. I introduced them to the sub and explained that I wouldn't be there right away and I could just see the fear and anxiousness in their faces and I am not talking about the kids! But oh well! One told me I could have planned that a little better, huh? I just smiled! We are going to have a good year either way...they're kids they adjust well! It will be interesting though!

No comments:

Post a Comment