Monday, August 10, 2009

West Texas here we come

Carl's grandpa's 80th birthday was this past weekend, and since his uncle has just returned home after being treated for mouth cancer here in Houston we decided to go up and see them all and celebrate his big day. So Taylor, Carl, I, and Presley all loaded a plane and made a quick weekend trip. It was nice to be able to see all the family and let them meet Presely. His mom and grandmother also live there and they had not seen her yet either. She did great on the plane. I fed her as we boarded on the way, heading the advice of others and once she spit it all up on me, Carl, and herself she was good! On the way back we left really early and I fed her before we left and she slept the whole way home. I carried her in my new sling which is awesome and I love. I will definitely be using it more. It was nice to get out of the humidity and spend some time sitting on the porch in the evening. However, we spent most of yesterday recuperating due to the lack of sleep. Since she has been home I have not slept in the same room as her, and thank goodness we don't because we would never get any sleep! She is the noisiest sleeper I have ever seen. She constantly makes noise, squeeking and squaking. But we were all wiped I think because she and I took very LONG naps yesterday. Here are some pics from the weekend.

This was too funny!! makes me laugh every time I see it!! We went to Kemah to eat last night with Carl's family and we thought we would try out her glasses cause it was a little sunny. Needless to say she needs to grow into them a little more! haha
getting ready to leave...she looks like she is holding her breath!

"What are ya'll doing with me now??"

Carl's Pawpaw and dad



Carl's Pawpaw, brother Brian, and dad


hanging outside with daddy in the nice breezy weather





No comments:

Post a Comment