Wednesday, September 23, 2009

10 Things I love about being a mom

Okay so I have to admit that it took a little while for the joys of motherhood to set in...don't get me wrong, I love my little girl, but the first month was well, down right scary!! It took me a while to adjust to this little creature who has taken over our lives. Now that I am settled in and, well...a pro! haha then I am truely enjoying this sweet little angel! She is so much fun and brings a smile to my face everyday and lets face it how could you not just eat up all of this cuteness!! While we have this special time together and before I forget it, I thought I would share a few of my favorite things about Presley and being her mommy!

1. I love, love, love her smile and how whenever she looks at me a huge smile comes across her face!

2. her eyes...they are absolutely beautiful and sparkling! From the moment she was born you could see your reflection in them. I love how she looks at me especially when I am feeding her. She intently stares at me and it is this special bond between us.

3. speaking of feeding, I love feeding her in the middle of the night! yeah I know, crazy huh! I would rather be sleeping, but now that she is starting to skip middle of the night feeding I find myself missing that special quite time I have with her.

4. Her personality (hence pic abouve and below) her expressions say a thousand words!! they are too funny and seriously crack me up! Carl and I both know that she is going to be a handful and give us a run for our money!
5. sitting and talking with her. She is talking soooo much and when she does she just has all of these sounds and expressions going along with it. She really has something to tell you. If she is anything like her mom and dad she will definitly never be short of words.
6. How she loves her daddy!! I love, love, love to watch them together. They sit and talk and read stories, and she just stares at him. It is the sweetest and cutest thing!



7. "naked Presley time" okay let me explain...everynight when we go in to change her for bed we both do it together and play with her tummy and talk and sing to her. She loves it! She shrieks and squeels, and smiles, and talks! it is a special time we all share together, getting ready for bed


8. how good of a baby she is! She really is an easy baby and never really fusses. In fact when she does it is the cutest thing and makes me laugh. When she whines she opens her mouth to cry and as it closes her lip literally pops out! Oh man am I in trouble! But really, she goes everywhere and is just really content and happy! I couldn't ask for better...I know everyone says enjoy because the next might not be so happy!
9. Her beauty...I could stare at her all day! I know I am a little biased but I do believe I gave birth to the most beautiful baby in the world!! People stop us everywhere and comment on how cute she is! It is amazing to look at her and realize she is part of you and how you helped make something so beautiful and great!
10. The responsibility I have been given. this scared me at first, but now I look at it as a privalige. No matter what or where I am she knows I am her mom and I will always be there for her and comfort and take care of her. That is such an awesome feeling! I began struggling with the fact that I have to go back to work soon, and not being there for her like I should, but I know that she knows that I love her and that is what counts!
There are hundreds of other things I could list, but those are just some of them...okay I have to stop because I am crying too much :)



No comments:

Post a Comment