Thursday, September 3, 2009

The great outdoors

Tomorrow starts our holiday weekend of outdoor activities, separately though. Carl and Josh are doing the CR100 which is a kayak race down the Colorado River and yes, it is 100 miles!! I think they are crazy, but whatever. They have 36hrs. to complete it but they are confident that they will finish in under 20. They don't intend to sleep and haven't really trained or practice...hence the craziness! However, most things Carl does he doesn't train for, but this time it involves Josh too, so we will see. I am not going, to hard with the baby to try and go see them, so they have talked Greg and Cindy (Josh's parents) into resupplying them at the checkpoints. We have all been teasing them and giving them a hard time, but I am sure they will do fine and have fun...if anything, I am sure there will be some pretty good stories to come out of it.

P and I are going camping this weekend. Yes, I will go camping but won't go watch my husband kayak. Well, let me clarify...we are going with Grammy and Pawpa so that means luxury camping (ie camper w/ac and tv) all the comforts of home in the great outdoors :) I didn't want to be home all weekend by myself so thought we would tag along. Presley even has her little pink camo onesie ready to go...what she is a girl, she has to go in style! haha I will post pictures when we get back. Keep Carl and Josh in your prayers that they complete their race safely and hope everyone has a wonderful holiday weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment