Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Date Day

My parents have been out of town and they told us they would keep Presley a couple nights for us when they got back so that Carl and I could have some alone time and celebrate my birthday. We had a really great time just being together and laughing and enjoying our time. Since it was my birthday I got to pick what we did, and for those of you who know me well you might be a little surprised at what I chose to do. Since Carl wouldn't go get manicures with me :) I decided to try something new...going to the shooting range. I know crazy, guns usually aren't my thing, but I have been wanting to learn more about them and get more comfortable, well at least not jump everytime I hear one go off. I took her over late Friday night and we ended up going to a late night movie. We slept in Saturday morning (nice!) and went and had breakfast and headed off to the range. It was surprisingly fun and Carl had fun laughing at me :) I did well, with lots of ear protection of course. However I am not so good at shooting skeet. First of all the gun was way to heavy and big and I would get so nervous of the blast that I would blink my eyes and then just shut them as I shot! Carl got a big kick out of that...he was rolling!! getting stuff ready

shooting the AR...I actually hit a bulls eye with open sites! I was so proud of myself...Carl didn't even hit it!! hehe

Carl trying to show me how to stand and shoot the shotgun...didn't really work well


me trying! I did finally hit one at the very end, but was tired and decided to stop while I was still having fun.

Later Saturday night we headed to BeniHanna's for dinner. It was my first time there and was really neat! We had a lot of fun!

Carl told them it was my birthday so they made me put on that silly hat, but I got them to take a pic without it too. I really enjoyed my time with him and two whole nights of sleep! I did miss my little girl though, it's just not the same with out her!





No comments:

Post a Comment